3 DIY FACE MASK RECIPES FOR YOUR SKIN TYPE
Posted on November 17 2019
I LOVE a good face mask and if you’re like me you love to find DIY face masks recipes as well! I will be listing three of my favorite DIY face mask recipes with ingredients you probably already have at home!. I do use all of these face masks because I have a combination of all three of the following skin types (My skin has a mind of its own lol))
The first face mask is one that I like to use for when my skin gets a little dry especially during these colder months of the year.
- Banana, Baking Soda, & Honey MasK
For this Recipe you will need
- 1/2 Ripe Banana(rich in antioxidants and is anti-aging)
- 1 teaspoon of honey(soothing, antibacterial, and can fade acne scars)
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda(exfoliating and pore minimizing properties)
In a mixing bowl you want to get ½ of the banana, peel it, and mash it. Next, you get one teaspoon of honey and add it to the bowl with the banana. Last but not least you get 1 tablespoon of baking soda and add it to the mixture of banana and honey. Mix all the ingredients to form a paste like consistency and apply to a clean face. Leave on your face for 20 minutes rinse with warm water then pat your face dry with a towel!
This next face mask is one that I like to use when my skin gets really oily. When this happens that my FaceTime’s to break out a little bit more than usual and I have to do something about it so this is my go to DIY Face Mask when I have extreme breakouts as well!
- Cucumber Face Mask
For this recipe you will need
- 1 small cucumber (reduces swelling and puffiness and soothes irritation)
- 1 cup of oatmeal (absorbs oil from skin, anti-inflammatory, and exfoliating)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (soothing, antibacterial, and can fade acne scars)
- 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt (anti-aging, tightens pores)
- A blender
For this face mask you want to blend the cucumber, oatmeal together to form a paste like consistency. If for any reason the mixture is too watery add a little bit more oatmeal until it becomes like a paste. Once everything is blended and is a paste-like consistency, you want to put it in a mixing bowl. In the bowl, you then add the tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of yogurt. Apply to clean face and leave it on your face for 20 to 30 minutes, rinse with warm water, then pat dry with a towel!
This last face mask Is for those of you have sensitive skin. For me, my skin has always been sensitive, but even more so when I would use skin cleanser is that contain strong harsh ingredients. I find that when my skin is a bit irritated, and I still need to do my skin care routine, one face mask that I will use is this one.
- Carrot and Honey Face Mask
For this recipe you will need
- 2/3 cooked carrots(Rich in vitamin C, promotes cell renewal, and anti-aging)
- 2 tablespoons of honey.(soothing, antibacterial, and can fade acne scars)
- A Blender
For this face mask you want to blend the cooked carrots in a blender as smooth as you can get it. Once blended, place the carrots in a mixing bowl then add 2 tablespoons of honey. Do you want to apply this to a clean face and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes. After the 20 minutes, you rinse well with warm water and pat dry with a towel!
I hope you all enjoy these three DIY Face Mask Recipes. If so, please comment down below to let me know if this has helped you and also if you would like to see more of this content thank you so much!